Become a Member
UK

Lord Mann: BBC turned down my offers of antisemitism training

The corporation says it is dealing with training in-house, according to the Telegraph

March 30, 2025 11:49
Copy Of John Mann_KF7GKP
Lord John Mann, the government's independent adviser on antisemitism, outside the Houses of Parliament
2 min read

The government’s independent adviser on antisemitism has accused the BBC of repeatedly rejecting his offers of antisemitism training and has also called for heads to roll over last month’s Gaza documentary which was removed by the corporation.

Lord John Mann told the Sunday Telegraph that BBC bosses that he had visited the offices of the BBC three times since assuming his role in 2019 but bosses had not taken up his offers.

“I’ve offered them training, they’ve never accepted it,” he told the newspaper. “I think there’s often an arrogance there.”

He also claimed there was “ignorance” of antisemitism at the corporation. “They have got, I think, particularly, a generational problem of people who really don’t understand it.”