Become a Member
News

Barred Galloway vows 'nothing will stop me'

The renowned pro-Palestinian activist and former Respect MP has been denied entry into America for a speaking tour

December 17, 2010 10:18
George Galloway

ByJennifer Lipman, Jennifer Lipman

1 min read

George Galloway has been denied entry into America.

The former Respect MP, and notorious pro-Palestinian activist was due to speak in five US cities but was barred by US authorities. The Muslim Legal Fund of America, which organised the tour, said the ban was because of “visa problems”.

Mr Galloway, who last month was disciplined by broadcasting standards monitor Ofcom for breaching the rules on impartiality during his Press TV show, instead used Skype to address crowds via webcam.

He reportedly said that the decision to ban him was not political, but down to a “technical glitch at Heathrow Airport.”