Become a Member
Family & Education

King Solomon drops Year 12 sixth form classes for the coming year

Redbridge school received too few applicants while lacking enough specialist teachers in key subjects

July 12, 2024 10:21
king solomon high school.jpeg
The chair of governors at King Solomon High School in Ilford said the school had not faced major difficulties during the war in the Middle East but this month cancelled a memorial service for October 7 after online backlash
2 min read

King Solomon High School in Redbridge will not be admitting new sixth-formers in autumn following a fall in numbers taking advanced qualifications in recent years.

Year 13 students due to take A-level and other exams next summer will continue to receive lessons at the Orthodox school.

Headteacher Michele Phillips, who came to the school last September, said “its long -term financial viability is central to the turnaround plan and providing an excellent quality of education for our students.

“Earlier this week, we wrote to parents of students currently in year 11, to let them know that we have taken the extremely difficult decision that we will not be enrolling a Year 12 year group next academic year.”